Beginning January 2, 2019 you will be able to apply for your passport at the Simpson County Clerk’s Office.
(By appointment only)
Mon-Fri: 9:00am – 3:00pm
Note: For application forms, information on documentation required, fees, and a wealth of other passport and international travel information, visit the only official website for passport information – travel.state.gov.
What to bring
- The person needing a passport must be present OR for a child’s passport- the child and both parents must be present if the child is age 15 or under (Children 16 or 17 should have one parent present).
- Certified birth certificate from the state where you were born.
- Valid photo identification (If you don’t live in Kentucky, you will need 2 forms of ID).
- Passport photos (We can take your passport photo for an additional fee of $15).
- A personal check, money order, or cashier’s check for payment of the application fee (make payable to US Department of State). One is required for EACH passport application.
- Processing fee of $35.00 payable to Simpson Co Clerk.
- Routine processing takes 6 weeks for processing and return. Cost is $110.00 for passport book age 16 and up and is valid for 10 years. For children age 15 and under, the cost is $80.00 and passport book is valid for 5 years.
- Expedited processing takes 3 weeks for processing and return. Cost is $185.45 for adult passport ($110.00 + $60.00 expedite fee + $15.45 overnight delivery fee once passport is completed) and $155.45 for children 15 and under ($80.00 + $60.00 expedite fee + $15.45 overnight delivery fee once passport is completed).
- Additional fee of $23.75 for overnight delivery to the passport facility is payable to the Simpson County Clerk’s Office.